Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The World Is Full Of Psychopaths!

In the midst of me processing a new case that landed on my table, I got a call from a DIGI number that is not familiar but I answered it anyways. Silly me! It was a telemarketeer from this company called Waterdrops Sdn Bhd, located at Jalan Yap Kwan Seng.

She introduced herself, but I didn’t catch the name and she went on to saying that she is not selling any holiday package or anything. Then she asked me whether I’ve used or heard of water vending machine. I said no. Then she went on to explain what it is and all…… and that she’s inviting to a launch. She asked me when I’d be free to attend this launch. Then it dawned on me, like if it’s a product launching event, wouldn’t the date, venue and time have been fixed? You don’t ask an “invitee” to a launch on the best time for the invitee to come to an event!

Knowing my work, school, family commitments and gym schedules, I know I will be a busy bee and wont have time to attend such events so I said, “I’m sorry, I’m busy. And I’m not interested. Thank you for calling”. Before I could disconnect the call, she responded in the most sarchy tone ever “Cik Syira ni kerja apa yang busy sangat nih?”

I was dumbfounded for a second. I mean, I don’t have to explain myself to a perfect stranger on why I’m busy. Furthermore, no offence to Waterdrops Sdn Bhd, BUT WHY THE HELL WOULD I BE INTERESTED IN water vending machine. Please explain to me like I’m 5 year old!

Again I politely said, I STRESSED on POLITELY, that I’m not interested, thank you for calling. And I hung up.

Few minutes later I received this sms from this number 016-5212206, in sms language which took me a while to understand –

“Thnks bcos u r nt interested, n tat why u r nt married, andartu.. Haha, ksian t,lampau b,lagak”.

Can you believe it? I mean, I totally understand that I may be the 100th person who has said to you that I’m not interested but HARLOW! Do you have to be that super rude and attack me on personal basis?


Should I lodge police report? Should I publish this in The Star, NST??

14 comments:

Cosmic_GurL said...

Silly Cow! Mmg kurang ajar this woman. You should teach her a lesson. Like I said before if they did not do anything abt your complaint then you should write a letter to malay mail!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's totally rude! You should lodge a police report and publish this story in all major newspapers. At least the public will be aware about this.

Totally intolerable!

Anonymous said...

Eh! How come you also 'kena', hmmm is someone in SC giving out handphone numbers!?!?!

Pink-Fins @ Blue-Fins said...

Cosmic - I dunno lah.. She's such a biatch!

Audra - Hello there. Thanks for dropping by ;-). I dunno whether I should make a big deal out of it.

Saintvamp - Kindly introduce yourself. I need to ask you questions

Anonymous said...

LOL I'm laughing not becos of your plight but becos of the sms. It reminded me of a similar call I got. She ended up hitting on me and calling me days on end!! There are indeed psycho-tele-marketers from hell out there!

Eddie Putera said...

Called that number a couple of times..Tak jawab..Smsed pun tak jawab.

I just wanna register my interest in her products..lunch free than taruk dia cukup cukup..

Idiot punya perempuan, kacau my little kiddo sister lagi. JAWAB AH TALIPON TU BODOH!!!!!

Eh over react ker Jin ni ?

katakbesar said...

hmm..
agreed.. very rude..

but then..
jangan fikirkan sangat
buat sakit hati je

time will heal..

anyway..
about the tele-marketing
here's how i always responded
http://katakbesar.blogspot.com/2007/04/telephone-rings.html

:)

Pink-Fins @ Blue-Fins said...

Lx - Cis! you were being chatted up. Sooo nothing like what I kena. tak aci!

Abg Ed! Please please go and wallap her! Idiot psychotic biatch!

Froggy - Dah tak pikir dah.. but sakit sungguh this hati.. sniff

Malaysian Mobile Journalist said...

for me... biarkan je, buang masa you layan that kind of thing, better go diving. My fon used to get all those things b4, but after they introduce and dun know my name and start asking i kerja apa, i just said i tak minat, and hung up.

You call me and you ask my name??? this is the indication they are from the marketeers... sheeesssh...

EDDY PURNAMA said...

u sure its not someone u know pulling a prank...i suspect so ah....memang kurang ajar

Pink-Fins @ Blue-Fins said...

Bobo - Tulis dalam article you in Utusan ok ;-)

Eddu - I called the number again and the lady re-affirmed that it's the forking vending machine company. Jahat kan? I hope they go bungkus!

Anonymous said...

buddy,
i find it farnee that the person took the trouble to sms u!! haha... it take all sorts of ppl to brighten up this world... heheheh...dun hafto put yourself too low fighting wif these ppl... haha...

Unknown said...

gotcha link from a friend's blog. Like the way you wrote this too. Yeah, some people are just born in an asylum. That woman for one.

brkcrst said...

whut's the 'funny-lady' name? Anybody? I'm too shy to call/sms her..

(dah ketinggalan zaman... sori)